The end of 2012 is quickly approaching, and AdFarmers all across North America are happily looking back on a very big year. We have celebrated some huge milestones in 2012, ranging from some groundbreaking campaigns to massive growth of staff in multiple offices. I feel incredibly blessed to be able to watch all of this unfold as a new AdFarmer and passionate member of the agriculture community!
I asked AdFarmers what their favorite highlights of 2012 were. Here are just a few of the highlights that my fellow AdFarmers sent me:
- We worked to create a cookbook entitled “The Cook and the Cowboy” with Heritage Angus Beef.
- We worked with Dow AgroSciences on some AMAZING projects:
- The “Keys to the Combine” giveaway, which featured a live online drawing for a $350,000 brand new New Holland combine;
- The “Win a Tandem Truck” giveaway, where one lucky winner got a brand new International tandem truck;
- The “Nexera Thank You Train” as part of the Grey Cup 100 Tour, where Nexera Canola thanked its loyal growers;
- The Grey Cup took its first ever ride in a combine!
- For the second year, a team of AdFarmers presented a delegate training session on agriculture advocacy at the FFA National Convention.
- AdFarmers got hands-on time with agriculture through farm visits, training, conferences, trade shows, and even chicken necropsies!
- AdFarm celebrated a good year in both the National Agri-Marketing Association (NAMA) and the Canadian Agri-Marketing Association (CAMA). A big congratulations to AdFarmer Amanda Howard for receiving the Alberta Chapter Honour Roll Award for her hard work with driving CAMA forward.
- We’ve pitched in to help support worthy causes, such as helping students and young professionals get a promising start to their career through speaking, teaching, internships, and outreach.
- This holiday season, AdFarmers worked with food banks, homeless shelters, agricultural organizations, and family support organizations to try and keep the holidays merry and bright for everyone.
- AdFarm’s Kim McConnell was inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame.
While it’s hard to list all of the fantastic successes and milestones AdFarm has celebrated in 2012, it’s clear that it’s been one outstanding year. This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to fantastic campaigns, learning experiences, and successes! We’re incredibly proud of all of the AdFarmers and wonderful clients that made this year so fantastic. This year’s milestones have all been the product of the right combination of hard work, smart work, creativity, flexibility, passion, and dedication. I know I, for one, feel incredibly fortunate to be in such an innovative and enthusiastic setting!
As we look forward to an exciting 2013, we would like to extend our well wishes to you and yours in the New Year. We hope it is full of excitement, fulfillment, and great adventures!