The citrus industry plays a huge role in the health of California. This isn’t just the physical health of the people who eat oranges, but also includes the economic and cultural riches the citrus industry makes possible for California. Citrus helps make California stronger.
But it is clear that key decision makers lack awareness and understanding about the role citrus and it’s growers play in California. With AdFarm’s help, California Citrus Mutual created a public relations campaign called Citrus Strong.
AdFarm developed a full communications plan that started with the Citrus Strong brand itself. The brand is fresh and vibrant and celebrates the industry’s pivotal part in the economic, environmental and personal well being of California.
To inform and facilitate conversations between growers and target audiences, we built a robust set of tools.
- Message matrix – set of messages used to guide all content
- www.citrusstrong.com – Central hub for Citrus Strong messaging as well as a place for target audience to interact with actual growers (ask a grower feature)
- Internal launch event – Digital and printed pieces shared with all grower members
- External launch event for legislators and staff – interactive art event where motion tracking software allowed attendees to create digital art that put a personal touch on Citrus Strong.
- Social media outposts (Facebook and Twitter) – using ad campaigns and influencer identification tools to build an audience that matters
While the campaign is still in its infancy, we are confident that as conversations happen and knowledge grows, audiences will understand the value of a California that is Citrus Strong.