AdFarm is a marketing communications firm with a single focus – agriculture. Our purpose is ‘to be a catalyst for the advancement of agriculture’ and our long-term BHAG goal is “to be the world’s most respected marketing communications firm.”
AdFarm’s client list includes many of North America’s agribusiness leaders. The firm has people located throughout North America and offices in six strong agricultural communities – Calgary, Fargo, Guelph, Kansas City, St. Louis and Sacramento.
The Media Director oversees AdFarm’s media department and is responsible for leading and managing AdFarm’s Traditional and Digital Ag media offerings within the strategic direction of AdFarm. Responsible for supervising and leading the media team including buyer/planners, consultants, contractors, etc., to ensure the best use of resources to put out the desired level of quality, insightful media plans. Accountable for handling key clients’ media buying and planning needs personally, as greater experience will be required.
The Media Director ensures the media team is capable of excellence in placing ads in print outlets like magazines and newspapers, TV and radio, in online vehicles, in outdoor vehicles, and other methods of message delivery. The Media Director should be comfortable with and experienced in carefully calculating media strategies and buying tactics through research and analytical models to determine what is best for the client based on the product/service, the client’s goals and budgets.
The key roles and tasks of the Media Director include:
- Meet with media sales people
- Attend strategy meetings for new business
- Pitch to prospective clients
- Responsible for managing Media Strategists (AdFarm or contractor); Planner/Buyers (AdFarm or contractors); Media Assistants;
- In concert with the account team, develop and present media strategies and plans to clients and work with the account team and client to finalize plans
- Contact clients to discuss projects
- Manage media department to check status of client accounts and plan for future media buys
- Lead AdFarm media function within the AdFarm organization – interfacing with AdFarm corporate leadership; projecting (with input from account teams) and maintaining staffing levels and team budgets; setting goals and direction for the team; setting team members’ assignments; ensuring AdFarm business direction and strategies are made operational through the media team as required.
- Recommend appropriate AdFarm media technical requirements, processes, technologies, etc. to ensure AdFarm media function is maintained at peak performance and value to AdFarm and clients.
- Function on AdFarm U.S. and Canada sector leadership teams.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree and/or related experience is required.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in media analytics, planning and buying.
- Additional media and/or agriculture education or experience is an asset.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of people, including clients, sales people and direct reports both local and other AdFarm office locations
- Must be able to analyze research data to determine best placement for the client’s needs
- Professional appearance and persona
- Ability to live the values of AdFarm and model them for the industry, the media, the clients and AdFarmers
- Must be well-organized
- The ability to work long hours, especially under tight deadlines
- Must be able to handle pressure well
- Travel as required.
- Agribusiness and agri-marketing shows/events as required.