AdFarm is a marketing communications firm with a single focus – agriculture. Our purpose is ‘to be a catalyst for the advancement of agriculture’ and our long-term BHAG goal is “to be the world’s most respected marketing communications firm.”
AdFarm’s client list includes many of North America’s agribusiness leaders. The firm has people located throughout North America and offices in six strong agricultural communities – Calgary, Fargo, Guelph, Kansas City, St. Louis and Sacramento.
AdFarm is currently looking for a Part Time RECEPTIONIST to work Monday through Friday from 10am to 2pm. This is the first member of staff encountered or spoken to by any visitor/caller to the agency. The selected individual will always present a friendly but professional appearance and manner. This friendly and outgoing nature will extend to the expert fielding of client calls, hosting, efficient noting of messages and customer service for both internal staff and external parties.
- Covers reception desk at all times
- Arranges with another designated member of staff for desk/phones to be covered when receptionist is absent.
- Answers all phone calls in a friendly but professional manner, and forwards all calls to the appropriate staff members promptly and smoothly.
- If appropriate personnel are absent or unavailable to take calls, receptionist takes neat, legible messages, including: caller’s name, company name, phone number (and extension), best time to return call, whether call is urgent, and if possible, a brief note as to the nature of the call.
- Receives all company mail and forwards to appropriate agency personnel.
- Receives and signs for all deliveries/courier shipments, first verifying contents per shipping bill. Notifies appropriate personnel when packages/deliveries arrive.
- Arranges all courier pickups. Prepares courier/shipping labels per instructions provided by staff members.
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence on request, including processing letters, labels and envelopes.
- Cleans and Maintains kitchen, boardrooms and reception area to ensure a professional and welcoming appearance. Includes keeping magazines up-to-date, and keeping a supply of company brochure/literature on display.
- Greets all visitors to agency promptly and in a welcoming manner, and acts as hostess until appropriate personnel are notified of visitor’s arrival (including offering/preparing beverages for visitor). Notifies appropriate agency personnel of arrival of any such visitors.
- Makes sure coffee/hot water/beverages are available at all times, but especially on days when visitors are expected.
- Generates (Types/word processes) proposals, correspondence or any other documents as requested (except media, contracts, invoices, purchase orders), using MS Word or other equivalent software.
- Maintains current computer-based skills related to daily job functions; notifies office manager of computer hardware/software and training requirements.
- Inventories office and kitchen supplies and notifies the office manager if reorder is necessary.
- Willing and able to take on other duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years Reception experience
- High school diploma preferred
- Administrative certification is an asset
- Strong computer skills; and advanced user of Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and tight deadlines