Who we’re looking for:
As a Public Relations Specialist you are an integral part of the public relations team. Your role will be to oversee and execute the strategic initiatives in our ever growing Eastern Canadian market. As an upbeat, positive and proactive thinker, you bring the ability to align and develop strong client relationships; understand their business and present new opportunities and react to current trends in the market. You also bring to light new opportunities to support both client and AdFarm initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Support strategic public relations initiatives set out by the senior public relations specialist
- Accountable for six on-going agricultural portfolios which require various stages of client relationship management, project coordination and execution, budget management and content delivery in an autonomous fashion
- Demonstrate expertise and innovation in the digital PR space, especially in regards to social media PR planning, content generation, content management, implementation and reporting
- Pull off directing and executing perfect events without breaking a sweat
- Collaborate with the broader client team to identify opportunities and advantages for our client
- Be accountable for directing and executing all content development to support a robust digital communications strategy – you don’t have to shoot the video but you do write the story!
- Help connect our client and AdFarm to current issues and industry events by working your network and attending the places where we need to be seen
- Build rock solid relationships with our client and their key stakeholders
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with clients, communities and consumers
- Manage and execute public relations activities for clients and AdFarm
- Develop publicity tactics such as pitching articles for print, online and broadcast media
- Develop and maintain relationships with local and regional media outlets
- Conduct media training, spokesperson training, and crisis communications counsel as required
- Drive the integration of public relations into the overall marketing campaigns to deliver maximum impact and frequency for our client
What we need:
- 5 years of professional public relations experience (either client or agency side)
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or a related field is preferred
- Experience in developing strategic PR plans
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of communications and public relations strategies and practices within agriculture
- Experience in all core PR competencies, including traditional, social, digital and mobile technologies
- Media relations experience – writing, pitching and maintaining editorial contacts across radio, print, broadcast and digital
- Experience with measurement / metrics and reporting on impact
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and problem solving skills
- Strong writing skills to help create compelling and on-target content
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Passion for agriculture and agri-food
- An inquisitive mind and positive attitude
- Ability to work well as a team player in a diverse group
- An innate ability to lead and motivate others
Who AdFarm is:
We help businesses talk to agricultural, agribusiness and rural audiences in a way that makes sense. In order to succeed, AdFarmers need to understand the farm audience better than any other communications company. We do this by digging deeper.
AdFarm is a catalyst for the advancement of agriculture so we continue to unearth ideas that help us understand farmers and the factors that influence their buying decisions. This knowledge helps us craft messages that persuade, attract and intrigue stakeholders and ultimately fosters our clients’ businesses.
The five AdFarm offices are located in Calgary, AB; Guelph, ON; Fargo, ND; Kansas City, MO and Sacramento, CA.
Culture is important to us and it should be to you too. We are heavily involved in the local community, have some great team events and offer a very flexible work environment. We offer competitive compensation, profit sharing and the opportunity to purchase shares in the AdFarm Canada farm.
Grow your career with AdFarm:
Apply directly to this ad or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now