AdFarm is a marketing communications firm with a single focus – agriculture. Our purpose is ‘to be a catalyst for the advancement of agriculture’ and our long-term BHAG goal is “to be the world’s most respected marketing communications firm.”
AdFarm’s client list includes many of North America’s agribusiness leaders. The firm has people located throughout North America and offices in six strong agricultural communities – Calgary, Fargo, Guelph, Kansas City, St. Louis and Sacramento.
The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for supporting client work as part of the AdFarm PR team. The person who fills this new position will work within a multidisciplinary team of integrated agency professionals, sharing a goal of successfully achieving client satisfaction, business unit profitability, team functionality and performance.
The key roles and tasks of the Public Relations Specialist include:
- Provide support and leadership in the implementation of public relations strategies and tactics on applicable client accounts.
- Work with an integrated team of marketing professionals to achieve client communication objectives.
- Monitor key industry issues and develop, manage and measure PR programs/campaigns that support the continued growth of the account.
- Produce collateral materials, plan/execute events, execute media relations strategies and other tactical implementation as needed.
- Writing – long- and short-form content creation, press releases and advisories, social media writing, pitch writing, video scripts and more
- Social media strategy, content creation, community management and reporting
- Media relations, including pitching, relationship building, media event management and reporting
- Video shoot planning, script writing, interviewing and producing
- Interviewing – clients for content pieces and their customers for testimonials and trials
- Influencer relations, build and maintain relationships with key industry media. Public relations strategy, planning and brainstorming
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3 – 5 years of experience in public relations with increasing responsibility.
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or public relations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Western Canadian agriculture