DeLaval VMS™ robot milker adds dairy, lifestyle and three million impressions
- Social Media Strategy
- Paid Media
- Creative Development
DeLaval, a global manufacturer and supplier of a wide range of premium-quality dairy production solutions and services, engaged AdFarm to provide strategic marketing support for the company’s VMS robot milker in the North American market. To help build momentum, AdFarm recommended implementing a paid social media strategy that focused less on the advanced technology of the VMS robot milker and more on the significant lifestyle benefits the product can deliver. The campaign features high-impact, visually engaging units that showcase the farm and lifestyle benefits the VMS robot milker can deliver to producers.
The VMS robot milker is a marvel of innovation and production efficiency, but it has struggled to move beyond niche acceptance in the dairy market. The campaign was designed to deliver targeted messaging to three different dairy producer persona audiences:
- The “Gary” persona, representing the older, established dairy farmer.
- The “Rhonda” persona, representing the farm wife who – at minimum – can heavily influence a capital investment that can improve her family’s lifestyle.
- And the “Ben” persona, representing the next generation of dairy producers who are poised to take over the farm, but place a higher priority on work-life balance.
The campaign, which kicked off the first quarter of 2017 and continues today, features high-impact, visually engaging units such as Facebook canvas ads that showcase the farm and lifestyle benefits the VMS robot milker can deliver to producers.
The results of the ongoing campaign – from February 2017 through February 2018 – have been outstanding:
- 2,725,208 total impressions.
- 33,412 clicks (a click rate of 1.23 percent).
- An average canvas view time of 26.74 seconds.
- And a total of 957 page likes (the “Ben” young producer audience leads the way, accounting for 58.4 percent of the likes).
Targeting each audience segment individually also provided insights into how each responds to and engages with social media differently – insights that can and will be used to guide future social media efforts and strategies.