License To Farm
- Website Development
- Social Media
- Issues Management/Crisis Communications
- Campaign Planning
- Public Relations
- Site and Social Media Analytics
License to Farm is a 30-minute documentary film featuring conversations with farmers, scientists, professors, consumers and environmentalists, on the importance of earning social license in agricultural production. The film explores the truth behind common misconceptions of agriculture production in Canada, while empowering farmers to stand up and advocate for their social license to farm…but it quickly became more than just a film. As an agency in the agriculture industry, we constantly see the need for improved communication between food producers and consumers – so we jumped at the chance to help SaskCanola share their message.
More than one million impressions across all social channels.
AdFarm got to work on branding the film, from the name “License to Farm” to the creative materials and all platforms including the website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Along with the web and social platforms, we exclusively conducted media relations work and assisted in event planning for the film’s premiere. We gathered social media analytics, monitored the number of views the film received on YouTube and compiled all of the unpaid media coverage the project received.
- More than one million impressions across all social channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- More than 80,000 film views on YouTube in 11 months
- More than 48 unpaid media mentions
- CPRS Bronze Award of Excellence 2016 – Advocacy and Social Marketing Campaign of the Year
- Seven Best of CAMA 2016 awards:
- Winner: Crisis Communications, Issues Management, and Government Relations
- Winner: Video targeted to external audiences
- Winner: Total Campaign $100,000 or less
- Certificate of Merit: Social Media
- Best of Show: Public Relations Programs
- Best of Show: Marketing and Communication Campaigns
- Best of Show: Electronic Media